Sarah Graham is a freelance journalist, writer and editor, dedicated to writing words that make a difference and telling the stories that matter. She is based in Stratford, east London, and writes for media, corporate, and small business clients.
Sarah specialises in feminism, women’s health and lifestyle, refugee issues, and mental health and wellbeing. Her work provides a feminist angle on the health of our minds, bodies, and souls – covering everything from abortion rights to work-life balance.
Sarah grew up enchanted by the magic of words, from the stories of Enid Blyton and Jacqueline Wilson that shaped her childhood, to the great feminist polemicists who captured her heart for social justice. She understands the power that storytelling can have – not just in literature and journalism, but also in our lives, businesses and campaigns.
After dabbling in news journalism, Sarah’s fascination with human stories and psychology drove her towards feature writing. She covers the issues that matter to her, and strives to keep passion and empathy as the heart and soul of her work – whether that’s a blog post on workplace wellbeing for a commercial client, or a magazine feature on refugee women’s lives.
The flexibility of freelancing allows Sarah to work with an incredible, diverse range of people, who all have stories to tell: from inspiring individuals and small businesses, to well-known brands and charities. Her experience across national and online media outlets helps to ensure those stories make an impact.
She occasionally writes as Sarah Graham-Cooke.
Please get in touch for further details, including work experience and freelance clients
- Self-employed writer and editor (2012-present) – portfolio
- Communications Executive, Women for Refugee Women (2015-2017)
- Deputy Editor, Feminist Times (2013-2014)
- Newspaper Journalism MA (Distinction) – City University
- English and French BA Hons (2:1) – University of Warwick
- Writing news, features, opinion and blog articles
- Copywriting and editing, including content marketing
- Campaigning and charity communications
- Sub-editing for print, web and digital editions
- Online content management systems (WordPress, Joomla)
- Social media management
- Email marketing (MailChimp, Nationbuilder)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe software
Continuing Professional Development:
- Digital photography: creating and sharing better images (short course T189) – The Open University
- HTML & CSS – Codeacademy
- 30 Days, 30 Queries – The International Freelancer*
- Content marketing for journalists – The International Freelancer*
- Making money with websites – The International Freelancer*
- Secrets to sustainable freelance writing success – Rebecca L. Weber
- Your freelance business blueprint – The International Freelancer*
*Affiliate links – click for more details