Sarah Graham is an award-winning freelance journalist, content writer and editor, specialising in women’s health, feminism, and mental health. She is based in Hertfordshire, with easy access to London, and writes for media, corporate, charity, and small business clients.
Sarah covers feminist campaigning, sexual/reproductive rights and healthcare, refugee rights, mental health and wellbeing, and the psychology of everyday life. Her work particularly focuses on the intersection of health and gender – from abortion rights to male suicide rates – and provides a feminist angle on the wellbeing of our minds, bodies, and souls.
The flexibility of freelancing allows Sarah to work with an incredible, diverse range of people, who all have important stories to tell: from inspiring individuals and small businesses, to well-known brands and charities. Her experience across national and online media outlets helps to ensure those stories make an impact.
She occasionally writes as Sarah Graham-Cooke.
Please get in touch for further details, including work experience and freelance clients
- Self-employed writer and editor (2012-present) – portfolio
- Communications Executive, Women for Refugee Women (2015-2017)
- Deputy Editor, Feminist Times (2013-2014)
- MHP 30 To Watch Young Journalist Awards (2018) – Health Award Winner
- Newspaper Journalism MA (Distinction) – City University
- English and French BA Hons (2:1) – University of Warwick
- Writing news, features, opinion and blog articles
- Copywriting and editing, including content marketing
- Campaigning and charity communications
- Sub-editing for print, web and digital editions
- Online content management systems (WordPress, Joomla)
- Social media management
- Email marketing (MailChimp, Nationbuilder)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe software
Continuing Professional Development:
- Digital photography: creating and sharing better images (short course T189) – The Open University
- HTML & CSS – Codeacademy
- 30 Days, 30 Queries – The International Freelancer*
- Content marketing for journalists – The International Freelancer*
- Making money with websites – The International Freelancer*
- Secrets to sustainable freelance writing success – Rebecca L. Weber
- Your freelance business blueprint – The International Freelancer*
*Affiliate links – click for more details