Sarah Graham is an award-winning freelance health journalist, and founder of the feminist women’s health blog Hysterical Women. Sarah specialises in mental health, women’s sexual and reproductive health, gender and feminism. She is based in Hertfordshire, with easy access to London, and writes for media, corporate, charity, and small business clients.
Sarah has an MA in Newspaper Journalism from City University, writes regularly for The i, Grazia, Refinery29, and Patient, and has also been published by Stylist, Women’s Health, Cosmopolitan, VICE, BBC Three, Planet Mindful, In The Moment, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and The Independent.
Sarah has also worked as a content editor for Google Arts & Culture, on projects in collaboration with The Mayor of London, The Prince of Wales, and more. She has written digital content for LV=, Bupa Global, Healthspan, Hotel Indigo, and Nationwide Building Society, as well as commercial profiles for St James’s House publications.
Sarah covers feminist campaigning, sexual/reproductive rights and healthcare, refugee rights, mental health and wellbeing, and the psychology of everyday life. Her work particularly focuses on the intersection of health and gender – from abortion rights to male suicide rates – and provides a feminist angle on the wellbeing of our minds, bodies, and souls.
The flexibility of freelancing allows Sarah to work with an incredible, diverse range of people, who all have important stories to tell: from inspiring individuals and small businesses, to well-known brands and charities. Her experience across national and online media outlets helps to ensure those stories make an impact.
Please get in touch for further details, including work experience and freelance clients
- Self-employed writer and editor (2012-present) – portfolio
- Freelance content editor, Google Arts & Culture (2018)
- Communications Executive, Women for Refugee Women (2015-2017)
- Deputy Editor, Feminist Times (2013-2014)
- MHP 30 To Watch Young Journalist Awards (2018) – Health Award Winner
- Newspaper Journalism MA (Distinction) – City University
- English and French BA Hons (2:1) – University of Warwick
- Writing news, features, opinion and blog articles
- Copywriting and editing, including content marketing
- Campaigning and charity communications
- Sub-editing for print, web and digital editions
- Online content management systems (WordPress, Joomla)
- Social media management
- Email marketing (MailChimp, Nationbuilder)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe software
Continuing Professional Development:
- Digital photography: creating and sharing better images (short course T189) – The Open University
- HTML & CSS – Codeacademy
- 30 Days, 30 Queries – The International Freelancer*
- Content marketing for journalists – The International Freelancer*
- Making money with websites – The International Freelancer*
- Secrets to sustainable freelance writing success – Rebecca L. Weber
- Your freelance business blueprint – The International Freelancer*
*Affiliate links – click for more details